Tuesday, June 8, 2010

STOP! Booty Time!



Last year I suffered through 301 miles on my bike all in the name of raising money and awareness to fight my nemesis: Cancer.

The experience is still pretty fresh in my mind and although I swore I’d never attempt 300 again…well, I’ve started thinking about it. I like a good challenge. I like to push myself. But, I also like to socialize – something I have not done enough of at this event in the past. And so I shall forgo another 300 mile attempt and instead focus on getting to know my teammates and hearing stories from more participants. I’ll still ride; but perhaps only 200 miles this year. I will document and share the stories I hear.

And I’d love to hear your Cancer story. I’d love to ride in honor of you and your loved ones. If you’d care to share, feel free to leave a comment.

But, of course, this event is about awareness AND money. So, I need your money, too. Got an extra $5? Nobody would appreciate it more than me. Small contributions made up the bulk of my fundraising last year.

They really do add up to a lot. If you can give, you may do it online with the link below. Don’t wanna do it online? Drop me a line and we can figure something out. All donations are tax deductible and you will be provided a receipt.

Visit Jodi's 24 Hours of Booty page.

Thanks for your ongoing generosity.

No comments: